Socialization, Complications and the Human Mind

wpid-WP4Phone_20140911141053.jpg

You’ve got to love the human mind.

We do enough job complicating our lives for ourselves; add another human to the mix and the internal mechanisms of our minds begin to find a way out.

Is the end product self preservation or just excuses for our actions/inactions; or perhaps both?

19 thoughts on “Socialization, Complications and the Human Mind

1. obasi chidi September 21, 2014 / 12:56 pm

The heart ( mind ) makes a man ( including woman ),it is fashion to suit ones desire,Psalm33:13-15. Our mind is fashion by our creator,choice is yours

• uju September 22, 2014 / 4:28 pm

well said πŸ™‚

2. olisa September 13, 2014 / 11:09 am

I had to read this over and over again. It’s as brief as it is thought provoking. More of a poem than a write-up.

This is a serious topic that lots of thinkers write volumes just to get the message across, the fact that u could drop a few meaninful lines gives credence to my earlier opinion of u.

The Human mind is intriguing, so in a bid to build mine, i read up works by great minds on Religion, Civilization, Art, Science, History etc. I also studied bits and pieces of Darwin, Plato, Sophocles, Goethe, Aristotle, Socrates, Shakespeare, Confucius, Russel, Marx and other pioneer philosophers and found these two outstanding; William James (Theory of emotion, Metaphysics, Pragmatism) & Sigmund Freud (Hypnosis, Psychoanalysis).

I think the mind is the most powerful tool God gave we mortals. Simple everyday stuff like; Dreams, Intuition, Telepathy, Instincts etc and complex ones like; Trances, Seances, Astral travels, Hypnosis, MPDs, NDEs are all products of the mind and still defy logic.

Now, to ur question, I’l quote Jim Rohn; “If you really want to do somthing, you’ll find a way, if not, you’ll find an excuse”. The Human Mind is powerful enough to achieve anything it concieves.

Uju, as a bookworm-quintessence, iv read everything you’ve written here and pls biliv me wen I say uv got talent. More grease, sorry, power or rather ink to your biro.

• uju September 13, 2014 / 9:03 pm

I see you’ve taken a liking to philosophy. I find myself very puzzled by the mind of late; considering reading up on it.

Everything? Wow. Thank you so much Olisa πŸ™‚ I’m honored.

3. ifemmanuel September 12, 2014 / 1:09 pm

This is why great friends are needed, ‘Truth-tellers’ like Timi called them. The mind can’t be trusted to stay reasonable–I know mine can’t.

• uju September 13, 2014 / 7:10 am

Neither can mine. It’s why we end up second guessing ourselves first chance we get.
      How well can we trust our truth-tellers?

4. glowingscenes September 12, 2014 / 9:43 am

I believe both and I have also seen Sucker Punch which was quite disturbing by the way(because it had to do with sex slavery and mind programming i.e lobotomy) but goes on to show deep things about the mind and how powerful it can be. I also believe this mind is where the real battle goes on. The battle for mankind, the battle for the soul and everything else. It’s like a house where decisions are taken and a choice is made which will go on to show the path you have chosen.

Even when we do something wrong, have you ever noticed that the human mind always tries to look for a justifiable reason why it was done? Have you ever wondered why people look for other seekers(I refused to add truth because some are not truthful..lol) is so that they can have one mind and fight any antagonist that doesn’t agree with that mind? We see it very clearly in our world today hence the turpsy turvy effect of it.

And that’s why I love the verse in Romans 12v2: And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Did you notice the ‘mind’ aspect? Even the Bible had to talk about it. Because to win that battle in your mind, it’s a continous action, and a conscious one too.

btw, have you read Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer? It was very eye opening and interesting for me. Maybe you should give it a try.

Sorry for the long epistle.lool

• uju September 12, 2014 / 11:28 am

Our ability to cook up viable excuses is alarming!
      And I agree with all important battles being fought in the mind. It’s like our powerhouse; the reason why once a person can change a mindset, you just may have succeeded in transforming a person or a whole race.
      The bible is full of wisdom for everyday life.

Haven’t read the book yet, but now at least I know what to look for when next I visit the bookshop πŸ™‚

5. ericjbaker September 11, 2014 / 7:02 pm

If I ever figure out how this thing inside my skull works, I’ll let you know. It didn’t come with an instruction booklet.
    πŸ™‚

• uju September 11, 2014 / 8:21 pm

Lol okay. Feedback will be appreciated once it’s been decoded πŸ˜€

6. stacilys September 11, 2014 / 5:50 pm

This is very interesting. Have you ever read “www.culturemonk.com”. Kenneth is going for his PhD in Philosophy and his posts are very intriguing and thought provoking. If you get the chance, check him out.
    πŸ™‚

7. livelytwist September 11, 2014 / 2:28 pm

“Aside finding logical solutions to complex problems, it’s also adept at formulating theories and stories to make the heart and conscience feel better.”

Only yesterday I explained my actions to a friend, and she said sarcastically, “You’ve covered all the bases, you almost convinced me!” I know I need truth-tellers in my life because despite my best efforts, my capacity to deceive myself, still astounds me!

• uju September 11, 2014 / 8:16 pm

I think we all need truth tellers in our lives. About a week ago I asked a friend why he was still single, and the response I got was very amusing.
      Perhaps it’s a defence mechanism of sort; our mind helping us deal with what we need to at each moment until we are better equipped to handle our own truths.

Did you ever see the movie Sucker Punch?

• livelytwist September 11, 2014 / 10:26 pm

Sucker Punch? No, not that I recall. What’s it about?

• uju September 12, 2014 / 6:52 am

It’s one of those movies that mean something different to you at each viewing.
        Storyline’s basically about a girl whose mother died and she accidentally killed her sister. She was sent to a psyche home where ‘literally’ a whole movie was acted in her head. Somewhere along the line she managed–quite flawlessly– to validate her sister’s death as a sacrifice made by the latter to ensure her freedom.

The human mind really is a powerful tool. You should watch it πŸ™‚

8. Ifedayo September 11, 2014 / 2:02 pm

To me, whatsoever we do in life would be accounted of either good or bad; even if its directly affecting us positively or the other way round.

I’d love to add this, that, our mind is so powerful and unarguably we have no mind of our own.

There’s only one Supreme Mind and that mind is God. That tells us that there is only one Mind (God); and that Mind (God) can never do wrong, and that Mind (God) created us to reflect His likeness in everything we do.

So therefore, man can only do what the Supreme Mind says to him/her to do at any point in time and whatever s/he does can never be wrong or inadequate so far he adhere to His instructions.

• uju September 11, 2014 / 8:12 pm

“To this, we shouldn’t be given excuses if some of our actions are inadequate in bringing out a positive reactions or results.”

We shouldn’t give excuses, but we do right? Why is that? Is this some way for us to validate what we did (or didn’t do), get ourselves work through whatever situation we’ve found ourselves in?

I agree the mind is a powerful tool and God being the supreme being. But we don’t always hear Him well enough with all the noise that is our own desires, do we?